L-Adapter

Finished my Dual AK4490 Dac. Heatsink almost hot, i thing input supply too high 12vac. But overall it good. Thanks Salas

Attachments

• Dac Ak4490.jpg
    Dac Ak4490.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 644
  • Dac.jpg
    Dac.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 640
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Never done it during its development, maybe possible. Simply parallel yet another Q2 I would think. The simulator says its OK at least, if of any practical value. Its a compound pair already so there could be hidden traps or not. You have to try adding a Q2' lets call it and see.

Certainly. It could be topped up with extra glowbugs in a free hand build.

Thanks. Just got multiroom. One digiamp speced 2x50 w (actually sounds decent for kitchen work) came with a 24 vdc 3A laptop like supply. Thats a stretch...

A circuit I tried and liked is this, using npns instead with its benefits. Might be an idea to modernize.

13.8V 20A linear power supply

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The guide recommends 9VAC Tx for 5VDC. Your drawing will not work well because it misses Rset for the LM334.
It has wrong LM connection too and misses a practical way to easily set a number of active LEDS.

An unofficial board should also have the "clone" indication. Because some people make copies of wrong things they see on the internet and then refer to me for problems.

Ladaptor

Hello Salas
greetings and sorry for posting pcb i am only hobbyist i am making
power supply for small rasberry pi dac player i dont see 12 ohms
resistor in the schematic but its in the BOM is it possible to guide me
warm regards
Andrew

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-12-11 at 17.31.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-12-11 at 17.31.41.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 501
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-12-11 at 17.32.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-12-11 at 17.32.19.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 477
I had built an L-Adapter a while ago to power a Raspberry Pi and Allo Digi One. I finally ordered a transformer for it. The Pi was being formerly being powered with an iFi power supply. I put it all together yesterday in a way-too-big chassis. I wasn't expecting a change in sound because the iFi didn't sound any different to me than the cheap switcher that I had originally for the Pi. I'm not sure if it is only the power supply, or if putting the Pi in a big metal shield helped too, but it sounds quite a bit better now. The highs lost a little ouchiness they had, and the overall sound nice and warm. I'm quite pleased with the results.

Attachments

• L-Adapter-server-small.jpg
    L-Adapter-server-small.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 285
Joined 2018
Paid Member
I use 2 x L-Ad for my Rpi and isolator board. Admittedly overkill for the isolator, it draw a small current.

I strongly advise getting an isolator and powering both separately. Keeps the 'dirty' power from the Pi reaching the dac. And of course using great psus as the Salas L Adapter just makes them shine