Go Back   Home > Forums > >

L-Adapter
L-Adapter
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th May 2020, 09:23 AM   #501
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

L-Adapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserGecko View Post
Hi everyone,

Still trying to read through all fifty pages of this thread...

I ought to be able to power my RPi through the 5VDC connector on the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, correct?

Datasheet DAC+ Pro | HiFiBerry

Is there any reason to not use a two pin header connector? I have some with beefy wire from a few past Pi projects.

Thanks!
Looks like it should work, states connected in parallel, although I don't have personal experience with the HiFiBerry. Shoot a message to the HiFiBerry people just to make sure there's no hidden trap or limitation.
Old 18th May 2020, 11:06 AM   #502
jameshillj is offline jameshillj  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Salas,
I have an idea to power my F6 amp at 2 x 1.7A/rail - by using the recent lt4320 fet bridge on the inputs (replacing the side diodes) and a bit of 'stuffing around, I can use 1 brd for +24v rail and the other brd for the -24 rail but each transistors will need to get rid of perhaps 25W per rail so locating the bigger heatsink is a problem

Is it possible to use longer wires (maybe 60mm) to mount the TO-247 pass transistor off board on a bigger heatsink without losing circuit performance?
Old 18th May 2020, 11:23 AM   #503
diyAudio Chief Moderator

L-Adapter
Maybe not a no go because it initially worked on a breadboard with wires but for the printed board itself I never tried or seen extensions. The whole PCB can alternatively be mounted against a large heat-sink. Horizontally.
Old 18th May 2020, 01:22 PM   #504
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the very quick reply

I have seen the "Smooth Like Butta" boards with quite long leads and surprisingly, it doesn't appear to create any problems but I'll try for the "pcb to heatsink" direct connection as designed first and maybe play around with variations later on.

The current Cap multiplier drops about 3 volts across the pass transistor so the L-Adapter is only about twice that (curiously, about the same as the AMB Sigma 22 regulator) - it'll be interesting to see what difference it makes ...
Old 18th May 2020, 02:06 PM   #505
diyAudio Chief Moderator

L-Adapter
To make dual polarity with L-Adapter it takes stacking two for creating a virtual ground center point as you would do with batteries because only positive PCB type is available.
Old 18th May 2020, 02:29 PM   #506
diyAudio Member

Ah right, forgot that - saves me 'stuffing' around with altering one of the boards for the -ve rail altho it's quite possible, apart from heatsink mounts for the diodes.

Thanks again - stay safe
Old 18th May 2020, 03:39 PM   #507
diyAudio Chief Moderator

L-Adapter
Such a scheme demands an independent Tx secondary and an independent bridge feeding each L-A board. But you already have those things in mind I suppose.

Regards
Old 18th May 2020, 04:33 PM   #508
diyAudio Member

Yeah, pretty okay for the right secondary voltage transformers to feed that fancy fet bridge and choice of caps, just need to get up off my A** and build it!

I have become really lazy with this Cov-19 confinement.
Old 18th May 2020, 04:38 PM   #509
diyAudio Member

… sorry, for each rail, 1 x L-A brd, 1sec winding and 1 fet bridge.
Old 18th May 2020, 08:40 PM   #510
shattered_dream is offline shattered_dream  Germany
diyAudio Member

Stupid question : Can I use some wires to connect the NJW0302G ? Im asking cause I want to mount this transistor at a big heatsink which will be mounted only a few cenimeters away from the board. Will be approximately 5cm of wire.

L-AdapterHide this!Advertise here!