L-Adapter

Mine too, it slowly decreases till it settles below 1mV

The transformer unfortunately has one 8VAC and one 16VAC primary. It is useful at this stage, nonetheless.

Using the Tinker box (which acts as heatsink) I'm forced to use those micro-usb cables which are thin and it's hard to find a really short one in my city. I'm thinking of building one myself.

Attachments

• musb.jpg
    musb.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 983
Here is my L adapter in a small edition for my filaments feed tube vs Lm317 CCS.
Big improvements in sound more bass and more details realy
Big improvements certify the very good waveform on my scope against waveform of the lm317...

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,024
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 982
  • IMG_20190511_143301.jpg
    IMG_20190511_143301.jpg
    821.8 KB · Views: 998
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Nice custom size home etch work. Congratulations. What type of diodes and what amperage F1 you used? Transformer VA? Those reservoir capacitors are high mF and there should be substantial inrush current at the power on moment. Any significant temperature on the naked bridge diodes? That's the 6V6 line preamp, so 0.45A heater current for each tube. Not much, but constant.

Hi Nick
i use 1A fuse fast and MUR860 ,it is the main transformer with the specs that you gave us
2 X 10V/2A at the first post 6V6 line preamp ,the L adapter it very stable no high temperature on the naked bridge diodes at all.
Yes not much curent but realy stable .

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
P.S. Forgot to mention, in post #35 there's a turn on event capture. You may notice it takes about 220mS to reach 6V+ Vout. That's a kind of soft start. No over voltage peak or wiggles there as well.
Such behavior helps with heaters because they tend to pull harder the moment you first apply voltage on them. Because of their significantly lower cold state resistance. Consequently a softer climb to Vout is good for their longevity.