Powerful SMPS for tube ampifier

The original thread was targeting more higher voltage power supplies. Speciffically for class AB operation of bigger tubes like EL34, KT88 or even 150s. The goal was to design something that could handle at least 300W at 400-500V.

There js no documentation on how to wind or even design properly special topology power supplies.
Is this still a flyback topology or already the full-bridge one?

For the ones interested, I'm not try to configure a SMSP to build an OTL Circlotron based on 6c33c or 6080, not an easy task... any help is more than welcome!

There's a couple if interesting points on the OTL/Circlotron - given the focus I've had on this recently.

The power supplies need to be floating - this means the output of the SMPS needs to be floating and that then allows both to be referenced in terms of the B+ but also the heaters - usually the heaters are referenced to the B+ for the circlotron but with a bit of 'risk adjustment' (ie protective circuits to remain within Vhk spec) the circlotron can be fed with just a single supply.

I terms of resonant tank, the concern I would have perhaps is the tuning of the cap vs the movement whilst floating.

Either way the architecture should be isolated including the voltage feedback - preferably differential.

My circlotron output stage shares a single heater supply. On the other hand my cascode front end has separate supplies for heaters referenced to +80V and -150V. to keep within the 100Vhk specification of the 12BH7A. Something that the original M60 doesn't suffer from with it's 6SN7s.