12v powered 24v dual rail power supply for amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, i am new here and wasn't able to find what i am searching for in the posts. I would want to know how to make a simple 12v battery powered to 24v-0v-24v power supply. I have some parts at home that came from a old kenwood car amplifier and a couple of arduinos. I am pretty sure that it is possible to make something working out of it.

Here is a video showing a exemple of what a would like to do

YouTube

If someone can give me at least a electronic diagram it would be of good help :)

Hello, i am new here and wasn't able to find what i am searching for in the posts. I would want to know how to make a simple 12v battery powered to 24v-0v-24v power supply. I have some parts at home that came from a old kenwood car amplifier and a couple of arduinos. I am pretty sure that it is possible to make something working out of it.

Here is a video showing a exemple of what a would like to do

YouTube

If someone can give me at least a electronic diagram it would be of good help :)

To transform 12V into +/-24V power requires a switch mode converter design. I get the feeling you are rather new to power supply designs.
Building an SMPS but the simplest Boost and Buck converters is not as simple as making a linear regulator work. Further, the components used in an SMPS are particular and not something you find in a scrapped amplifier or some Arduino's. In particular the choke/transformer needs to be designed well and is nothing found elsewhere.
You find few members here designing their own SMPS and those who do are pretty experienced. My advise, use DIY converters unless you really want to put time into a thorough study of how they work.
Sorry for the negative reply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.