Power supply help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello newby here,
I'm a disabled mechanic/technician diy'er with some ac/dc knowledge and I've been studying my butt off to build a tube amp and some pedals I love all things guitar and I have to do things on the cheap do to my finances cause of disability. I have tons of electronics I've salvaged, good stuff and some new tubes and sockets I will have to purchase some higher voltage caps and such but.......i can't find specs for my PS stuff.
Does any know or have resources about mains PS and Opt PS
I have a Philco both mains and output from old radio and many others others sansui and infinity ect I have numbers and images if needed or if anyone knows were I can find info great. I have spent days looking and can't find anything specific. Thank for your help!

1) welcome to the Forum :)

2)
mains PS and Opt PS
maybe you mean Mains/Power and Output transformers?

3) if that Philco radio was a tubed one, try to find what model it was, we might find a schematic, that would give us a clue about transformers used.

I guess those Sansui and Infinity transformers are from Solid State stuff ... they can be used of course to build SS Guitar amplifiers, with maybe a Tube preamp fed from a smaller inexpensive transformer.
Lots of interesting stuff can be done.

4) I suggest you start with Pedals, if anything because no transformers are involved, just a simple inexpensive 9V power supply ... or even a 9V battery.
And then you go on and on, rising the bet each time :)

Thank you JMFahey here's the mains/Power and output transformer 32-8248 and 32-8274M yea all the others were SS stuff I seen were some had used SS transformers in there stuff
I didn't think it was a great idea beings all the information I have
read i hope I have something I can use outta those two once I found out what they are how I can use them and if they test out ok. I do things the right way just pinched on $$$ so trying to make lemonade ya know. I will buy them if I have to may be cheaper ones none the less good quality. Anyway thanks!

32-8248 and 32-8274M
look very much like the dreaded "house numbers", usually not traceable to any common Commercial parts.
What were they used for?

Say .... "the Output transformer couples a 6V6 , 50L6 or 6AQ5 output tube to a 3.2 ohm speaker" ... based on that we can more or less guess its parameters.

Say: "the power transformer feeds such and such tubes" which gives us a clue about available filament current; plus knowing power tubes usedgives us an idea of suitable +V voltage.

Table radio power amps usually were single ended Class A using some of the tubes I mentioned above, with 1 to 2 W RMS output.

In principle you should be able to build a Champ type Guitar amp.

Fine sounding, my very first tube amp was exactly that ... straight out of Jack Darr´s "Electric Guitar Amplifier Handbook" which I suggest you read .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.