Any 9v Boost Converter for TPA3128D2 w/3AAA Batteries?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a small custom battery powered PCB for TPA3128D2. I only have space for 3 AAA batteries, but I need 9v. i.e - I need a DC-DC boost from 4.5v to 8v. System is stereo, has a 2W/8Ohm speaker and a 5W/4Ohm speaker so I will need 7W-8W (approx 1.5Amps). I'm Using 32dB gain. A 9v NiMH battery works but it's too big. 3AAA just barely fit.

I've tried an off the shelf DC-DC boost converter board MEZD41503A-B, but it cuts out and distorts at higher volume. I've been advised I need to add a capacitor to the voltage input fix this problem. I know it's currently producing 12v, so my first task is modding it to produce 8v or finding a different boost converter.

Any advice on what DC-DC boost converter to use or where to start would be greatly appreciated. Also any help on how to modify the MEZD41503A-B to eliminate the distortion and get the higher current needed would be awesome.

I've heard Web Bench software can help but not sure if the designs produced will achieve good quality audio.

Thanks!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.