LM318 LPS and parts noob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is this right and good?

For the bigger caps electrolytes, small ones ceramic?
2core 220 to 12x2v toroidal transformer (eu area, which resistors are the output voltage changing ones, should I get pots for them)
Do I buy better caps like Nichicon for the electrolytes?
How about the R4, can't get what that center pin means.

I can wire few bucks for someone making ebay cart or list for the right parts for this/updated schematics. I'm too busy/tired all the time and not fluent with these schematics to start with so I need help. But I'm willing to compensate with money for your effort.

Big thanks anyway

-Konsta

Attachments

• PS1linPSU_V2_5[1].jpg
    PS1linPSU_V2_5[1].jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 75
You've got it about right. Big value caps are electrolytic, I usually buy the cheapest name brand cap (Panasonic, nichicon, cde, etc) in that value from Mouser.com. Small value ceramics are great for bypassing and I just get the cheapest ones.

12V transformer will be plenty. That gives you about 17V after the bridge rectifier, so the voltage regulator has to drop about 10V. If your current draw isn't too high, that's fine, but the more current you draw, the power that the regulator dissipate goes up as P=V*I=10*I, so you might need to worry about heat sinking on the regulator.

R4 is a pot and it sets the output voltage. A pot has three terminals, two ends and the wiper and if you short the wiper to one of the ends, it makes a single variable resistor between the other end and the wiper. If you set R4 to 580R, then you should get the same output voltage from the top circuit as from the second one.

If you can say more about what you are trying to accomplish, then I could say more about what parts exactly you might need. (PM if you want to pay me to make you a cart on Mouser.)

-Neil N0FN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.