Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply

Shcematic of the sharing ultra capacitor power supply PCB

I think the sharing LifePO4 explore PCBs are all received. Here is the schematic for reference.

All optional components can be left nu-assembled. The schematic is simple and flexible.

The UCPi can also be switched between floating charge mode and pure mode by plugging and un-plugging the DC input.

I may not have enough time to provide more support. It would be very appreciated if any body can sharing his experience in this thread to help other community members.

One important thing I have to mention here is the safety. Ultra capacitors can delivery more than 100A of current. It would be dangerous if short circuit happens. So, please be very careful.

Good luck to experience ultra capacitor power supply.
Ian

Attachments

• UCPiSch.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 806
  • UCPi.jpg
    UCPi.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 1,615
  • UCPi2.jpg
    UCPi2.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,605
Although it can improve the sound quality without LDO, it may cause damage to the load side such as voltage transients, power supply noise, reverse voltage, current surges, etc. This is why it is batteries power supply in the Car System still is at the output with the LDO, even for individual batteries. Ian, What other alternative protection designs do you have? Or, in the Audio system, does it need no protection?

https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/technical-articles/P393_EN_-LDOs.pdf

Attachments

• O1CN011ndnY3GNBQY7Okb_!!31295113.jpg
    O1CN011ndnY3GNBQY7Okb_!!31295113.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,451
Last edited:
Last edited:
I definately have the feeling that somebody is set to undermine Ian's excellent and proven efforts... :-(

I am not so great to be able to undermine Ian's excellent and proven efforts.
However, everything involved in the power supply must be very careful, especially for automotive power batteries that can output very high currents.

After a period of searching, I found a lot of LiFePO4 battery power supply for cars, they are large, mature, stable and low-priced modules. I just share my experience.

Everyone has their own choices, but everyone is responsible for their choices. Ian can also purchase these battery modules for cars to analyze the characteristics of these industrial production modules to improve the reliability of his modules or be proved that Ian has considered all the parts of the consideration.

My LofePO4 power supply is designed with all kinds of protection features to take care of the safety performance. Protections of over charge, over discharge, over time, cell balance, short current are all included. As well as relay contacts protection and so on. So, please no worry at all.

The real challenge was how to implement all of those safety features without impacting the sound quality at all. Fortunately I figured out the solutions.

Now, I'm working on test the sound quality. I'm very happy with the testing result so far. More update will be posted soon.

Regards,
Ian

My LofePO4 power supply is designed with all kinds of protection features to take care of the safety performance. Protections of over charge, over discharge, over time, cell balance, short current are all included. As well as relay contacts protection and so on. So, please no worry at all.

The real challenge was how to implement all of those safety features without impacting the sound quality at all. Fortunately I figured out the solutions.

Now, I'm working on test the sound quality. I'm very happy with the testing result so far. More update will be posted soon.

Regards,
Ian

Thanks for the update, Ian - looking forward to the finished product!

Regards,
Ian

Have you considered over current and temperature control? Maybe someone has a problem with the design module, causing over current and the accompanying high temperatures.

Is there a protective way when the battery polarity is reversed?

Last edited: