Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th September 2019, 03:20 PM   #711
nielsek is online now nielsek
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
What happened to it? Poor relay
This is the board where I accidentally put one battery in wrong polarity and blew a resistor (Post 642). Once I changed it, I got the the board working/charging. I only used the first two rails. Now when wanted to use the other ones, found out they are not working.
About the broken relay, I have no idea how it got physically damaged. Maybe, when I resoldered all the holders.

I have a simple vacuum desoldering device, but with that one it's hard to succeed.
Is it possible to check the relays? Both of the rails (J3 and J4) act the same.
Old 27th September 2019, 04:53 PM   #712
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsek View Post
This is the board where I accidentally put one battery in wrong polarity and blew a resistor (Post 642). Once I changed it, I got the the board working/charging. I only used the first two rails. Now when wanted to use the other ones, found out they are not working.
About the broken relay, I have no idea how it got physically damaged. Maybe, when I resoldered all the holders.

I have a simple vacuum desoldering device, but with that one it's hard to succeed.
Is it possible to check the relays? Both of the rails (J3 and J4) act the same.
@Nielsek,

Sorry about the issue.

You can find the datasheet from the P/N of the relays. So you may check the connections in both ON and OFF states.

Don't try to remove the relay if you don't have suitable tools.

Regards,
Ian
Old 28th September 2019, 05:23 PM   #713
simon dart is offline simon dart  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I've found that components like the relay that are super difficult to get out in one go are best removed by very carefully completely destroying the case with something like a dremel. Reduce it to just the contacts with a cutter. That way you minimise the heating and can tackle one through hole at a time.
Old 7th October 2019, 08:54 AM   #714
yunyun is offline yunyun
diyAudio Member

I found that the battery-powered modules can be improved. I found a phenomenon what it is not good that the current output from the battery is directly input into the load as long as the power consumption of the load is more than 200mA. Compared with the LDO module, the sound quality of the battery-powered moduleds will be worse for over 200mA load, but for the power consumption below 200mA load, such as the clock board, sound quality can be improved power by the battery. I think this is mainly because the load has relatively large in power consumption, the battery power will be significantly faster reduced, the current output from the battery will generate a large equivalent current ripple. However, using parallel to increase the battery capacity, although the equivalent current ripple can be reduced, but parallel battery will have other problems. According to my experience, the best way is to still supply power from the parallel battery, but use a parallel connection such as LT3045 to provide enough current to power the DAC, and also try to add high-quality capacitors to the output circuit. In short, I sincerely hope that IAN can actually try to follow my experience, and then propose a better solution for everyone

Last edited by yunyun; 7th October 2019 at 08:57 AM.
Old 7th October 2019, 09:38 AM   #715
nhabang668 is offline nhabang668
diyAudio Member

LifePO4?
Old 7th October 2019, 12:40 PM   #716
yunyun is offline yunyun
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhabang668 View Post
LifePO4?
It is the same for each battery power supply.
Old 7th October 2019, 06:11 PM   #717
paoloilpizzo is offline paoloilpizzo  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunyun View Post
Mah. Not all the batteries have the same response.
Old 7th October 2019, 08:34 PM   #718
LinuxGeek is offline LinuxGeek  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunyun View Post
No it's not. Impedance is different for different chemicals. Also transient response...

Strange that I dont have any issues at 200mA. At 1A there are also no problems. Do you have any measurements or how can i check this by myself ?

Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supplyHide this!Advertise here!