Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply

D

Deleted member 537459

spectacular work, I had already bought the batteries that I also use you and the result is remarkable, to make the 5v I put a bridge to diode to bring down the voltage of 1.2v. I have also tried to put a 20mh inductance in series on the positive, it is a 10uf capacitor in parallel immediately after. the result is incredible music takes more body is more elastic.

More LifePO4 power supplies bridged together

Two or more LifePO4 power supplies can be bridged together to get more rails. One is master, others are slave. Only need a simple bridge cable. No any other setup.

Regards,
Ian

Attachments

• TwoWorksTogehter.jpg
    TwoWorksTogehter.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 788
We calculate the absolute value of resistance with respect to frequency to ascertain its affect -- power supply rejection ratio - PSRR.

Even if you really use the means you said to measure, but who can buy hundreds of batteries to precisely choose one with very low internal resistance?

Besides, the manufacturer may have picked out the battery condition particularly well and sold it to the pursuit of the ultimate application at a relatively high price, such as Tesla Roadster, so that you can't actually buy the good battery you expected.

I believe that Ian will definitely tell us the experience of the real listening, the battery of the same brand, different batteries, there is no difference in the actual hearing, I am afraid that because the battery is really good, in fact, cannot be bought.

The conclusion is, if you really want to pursue the ultimate, just use the cheap instrument to do the initial screening, then install the battery directly, use your ears to hear which battery is good one. For audio, is the data really important?

Stack on top each other LifePO4 pure power supply

I like the way that two LifePO4 pure power supplies stack on top of each other. One master and one slave. We can have 8 isolated battery rails and 5 linear rails in total. This configuration can save a lot of space, looks very compact :D

Having a good power supply system has never been as easy as this.

StackOnTopLiefPO4
by Ian, on Flickr

Regards,
Ian

Last edited:
I like the way that two LifePO4 pure power supplies stack on top of each other. One master and one slave. We can have 8 isolated battery rails and 5 linear rails in total. This configuration can save a lot of space, looks very compact :D

StackOnTopLiefPO4
by Ian, on Flickr

Regards,
Ian

This looks really fantastic!

In this configuration, would one only need to check the screen and controller in the master power supply or both of them need to be used/monitored separately?

Also, would it be possible to use only one dc charger to charge both powersupplies simultaneously (through the bridge/patch cable connecting them)

StackOnTopLiefPO4
by Ian, on Flickr

Regards,
Ian

It looks powerful!

This looks really fantastic!

In this configuration, would one only need to check the screen and controller in the master power supply or both of them need to be used/monitored separately?

Also, would it be possible to use only one dc charger to charge both powersupplies simultaneously (through the bridge/patch cable connecting them)

@syracuze,

Only need master for the on/off control. Settings are independent from each other.

Two LifePO4 pure power supplies can share same DC input. Make sure it has enough current. All battery rails are isolated and has no business with the DC input.

Regards,
Ian

Is it possible to set the charger to stop charging at a point where the cells are at 3.2V each when disconnected from the charger?
Another possibility would be to discharge the cells to get 3.2V before allowing them to connect to the DAC.
This way the battery supply could safely be used with TDA1541A without the series diode :
+/- 6.4V and - 16 V.

Is it possible to set the charger to stop charging at a point where the cells are at 3.2V each when disconnected from the charger?
Another possibility would be to discharge the cells to get 3.2V before allowing them to connect to the DAC.
This way the battery supply could safely be used with TDA1541A without the series diode :
+/- 6.4V and - 16 V.

It is possible to stop charging when voltage reached higher than 3.2V (you can set this feature on the OLED manual). But it doesn't control the discharge voltage unless it dopes lower than the threshold.

In most of discharge stage, the voltage is stable around 3.3V. 3.2V would be just around 30% full.

Regards,
Ian

Wonderful project, really looking forward to it. Had some very good results with these batteries in a dac, even with float charging as the difference to battery only is not audible, at least for me.
Question: is it possible to use batteries without these solder lugs? I have some at hand, but they need a battery holder.
Or maybe there are those lugs somewhere to buy, so we could improvise and clench the batteries between them like in a holder.

Weekend project

I built a DAC project this weekend.

1. LifePO4 power supply
2. Buffalo III SE DAC
3. Mercury I/V stage
4. McFifo
5. McDualXO
6. S/PDIF receiver
7. RPi
8. FifoPi (as DoP decoder and I2S 16bit to 32bit converter, this function could be integrated into McFifo later)
9. Ess controller as music format analyzer/monitor (optional)

To build a DAC project has never been this easy. I mean top quality. Because no need big transformer/s and capacitors and complicated power cables any more.

https://flic.kr/p/2dBEWHx
DACproject
by Ian, on Flickr

Ian

Attachments

• 964AB88E-C555-4508-A154-F7B45876AC7E.jpeg
    964AB88E-C555-4508-A154-F7B45876AC7E.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 538