Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply
Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supply
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 03:41 AM   #1181
yunyun is offline yunyun
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_mori View Post
Not really, unless the noise corrupts I2S signals, the noise incoming from the Raspberry can only modulate bck and ws that means higher phase noise/jitter.

The purpose of the FIFO is just to remove this jitter providing a clean I2S.
If this high jitter is reflected to the output there is a problem in the FIFO, that’s not enough decoupled from the incoming signals.
I would compare the input and the output of the FIFO with and without super regulator to understand.
Noise should only affect the analog circuit. Although the digital circuit will not be affected by the noise, the digital circuit and the digital circuit are connected through the ground wire. The noise from the power supply or external electromagnetic waves will eventually be transmitted to the analog circuit through the ground wire and cause impact . What I have said is confirmed by experiments.

In fact, the effect of the ground box should be equivalent to the ultra capacitor, that is, Ultra capacitor actually absorbs the ground noise. I used to connect the grounding box to the digital circuit, but he didn't bring any improvement, but when I connected the grounding box to the analog circuit, and even included speakers, he would bring a positive sound improvement.

I have not received the UcConditioner yet. I will compare the effect of the UcConditioner and the grounding box on the system, and I will be able to confirm my current conjecture.

Like the picture below from MSB, they clearly tells us the existence of ground noise. However, the UFL wire we use has a ground wire. Even if it is an I2S wire, the UFL wire will still transmit ground noise. Optical has no ground, but optical will have additional jitter generated by the photoelectric conversion. This part of the MSB is wrong.

Pro-I2S-diagram.jpg

Last edited by yunyun; Today at 03:45 AM.
Old Today, 04:56 AM   #1182
Raj1 is offline Raj1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunyun View Post
My problem is also for LinearPi. Since UcConditioner has a charging current limit of 700mA~1A, even LinearPi can output a current exceeding 1A, UcConditioner cannot receive and use it to charge UC. Therefore, I cannot understand why the output current of LinearPi is designed to reach 3A.

LinearPi's output current can reach 3A, which means that it still maintains the best statue to power UcConditioner when outputting 1A current?
Why do you assume LinearPi is completely designed around UcCondsitioner? It doesn’t have to be used that way. One user asked for the current limit of the supply for a specific purpose. Doesn’t mean everybody needs to use the supply that way. But, if you feel so strongly about these things, perhaps you can bring something to market that reflects all of your preferred design philosophies?
Old Today, 05:40 AM   #1183
yunyun is offline yunyun
diyAudio Member

Raj1,

This is not my assumption, the fact that it exists. The digital circuit generally only needs 1A to be large enough. I'm curious, as far as you are concerned, besides using LinearPi to charge UcConditioner, what else can you do for LinearPi?

Last edited by yunyun; Today at 05:50 AM.
Old Today, 07:32 AM   #1184
nicoch58 is offline nicoch58  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
I have a Salas Reflektor-D shunt regulator. I just did a test today, it works great with UcConditioner.
great work as usual you use a toroid but have a wide band....test the hammond flat split coil hope can help a bit
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #1185
andrea_mori is offline andrea_mori  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Noise should only affect the analog circuit. Although the digital circuit will not be affected by the noise, the digital circuit and the digital circuit are connected through the ground wire. The noise from the power supply or external electromagnetic waves will eventually be transmitted to the analog circuit through the ground wire and cause impact . What I have said is confirmed by experiments.

In fact, the effect of the ground box should be equivalent to the ultra capacitor, that is, Ultra capacitor actually absorbs the ground noise. I used to connect the grounding box to the digital circuit, but he didn't bring any improvement, but when I connected the grounding box to the analog circuit, and even included speakers, he would bring a positive sound improvement.

I have not received the UcConditioner yet. I will compare the effect of the UcConditioner and the grounding box on the system, and I will be able to confirm my current conjecture.

Like the picture below from MSB, they clearly tells us the existence of ground noise. However, the UFL wire we use has a ground wire. Even if it is an I2S wire, the UFL wire will still transmit ground noise. Optical has no ground, but optical will have additional jitter generated by the photoelectric conversion. This part of the MSB is wrong.

Attachment 859471
We are talking about the digital domain, the only analog part is the end section of the DAC (switches).
If the noise coming from the power supply of the source affects the analog section of the DAC there is something wrong in the chain.

Word clock (and bit clock for the DAC latching on bck) should not share the same ground of the FIFO/Source.
But I believe there are other issues.
The Raspberry generates a lot of RFI/EMI, so it's not a good practice to stack FIFO/Master clock close to it.
You should keep the FIFO as far as possible from the Raspberry to avoid RF and EM interferences.

Moreover I suspect that a part of the huge jitter coming from the Raspberry crosses the FIFO and affects the DAC.
If so, any improvement of the source powe supply is useless.
The designer should measure and compare the phase noise of Word Clock and Bit Clock at the input and at the output of the FIFO.
The above plots would be very useful to understand.
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #1186
Raj1 is offline Raj1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Raj1,

This is not my assumption, the fact that it exists. The digital circuit generally only needs 1A to be large enough. I'm curious, as far as you are concerned, besides using LinearPi to charge UcConditioner, what else can you do for LinearPi?
I don't use one. But if I did, I'd use it to power a circuit that is impractical for use with super capacitors or Lipo batteries. Im sure that's not too difficult for someone like you to work out. You first posed this question, ignoring a post by a user that specifically asked Ian if the supply could handle more than 1A. Ian subsequently tested and responded to that specific user. If the usage model doesn't apply to you, pick or design a product that does.

Last edited by Raj1; Today at 09:34 AM.

Develop ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 battery power supplyHide this!Advertise here!