Crown amp trigger help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This may have been posted elsewhere and I apologize in advance if so. Seems like a stupid question considering the high level most of you guys seem to be working, but here goes.

I am building a new home and am curious how to switch on amps. I am using a DSP/X-over and have two Crown amps feeding bi-amped speakers, one for MF/HF and one for LF. They are connected to a sequencer to turn them on and off, I also have a Crown XLS 2502 for my sub that is connected directly to a 20 amp circuit. It does not have a "traditional" 12v trigger, rather it has "Remote power control through a contact closure". In layman's terms I suppose that is a switch.

Is it possible for a person to make a simple circuit with a relay activated by the 12v trigger signal from one of my other components that would close to create the "contact closure" to turn on my sub amp? If this would in fact work, are there "off the shelf" components I can purchase to build something like this? I have built some lightweight projects in the past like a power supply, crossover for a sub etc. and am able to solder, read simple circuits etc and wouldn't mind building something my self.

Thanks in advance for your help.

To be honest, I don't know. I am building a new home and just thinking ahead as to how to make it all work! The amp is brand new and sitting in it's box in an overseas container. I am still several months out before moving in but like to be prepared, particularly if I need to build something.

From what I gathered reading the manual, shorting 1 and 2 will turn the amp on. "Remote power control through a contact closure." But that's just my take....why couldn't it have a "normal" trigger?

Thanks again!

Have just read the manual.
What happens when You short pin 1 and 2 of that AUX connector ?
If there is a bridge what happens when You remove it.?

So, Pete from Crown says..."A contact closure on the Aux jack’s sleep contacts will shut down the amplifier. Removing the closure will turn it back on. A small amount of current is still drawn for the sensing circuit but it is minimal. Hope that helps, Pete"

Fist You must determine if the trigger 12V Voltage is always present in order for the amps to stay on. If this is the case You can use a transistor to drive a relay to short the pins on the amp. If it is only a pulse trigger signal You have to use a flip-flop circuit in order to maintain the relay activated after the pulse.
Now the question is how to switch it off again. I know there are "télérrupteurs" used in domestic house installations. Sorry for the French. Don't know the correct English term. These are relays to switch on and off a lamp from many locations.
transistors - Control 12V relay with 3,3V - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange use a larger resistor say 4.7k for 12V.

Teleruptor - Consultas Sin Clasificar - YoReparo this works with 220V but I'm sure there are lower Voltage versions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.