LLC SMPS Peak/RMS Power Calculation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I'm designing half-bridge LLC converter for audio amplifier with initial parameters:

AC Input Voltage Range 95-265VAC (switched by voltage doubler+2 bulk caps, no PFC)
AC Input Voltage Nominal- 115/230VAC
AC Input Frequency 47-53Hz
DC Output Voltage +/-56V (regulated)
Output Power (Continuous): 200W
Output Power (Peak): 1kW
External Resonant Inductor
Main Transformer: ETD-39
Allowable switching frequency range: 68kHz-140kHz

I've already seen many examples, design tools, guides and read quite a lot on forum..
My question is - how to achieve that kind of peak power without having a problem with "hiccup" of the power supply (self-restarting when peak occurs - I already experienced that). I would like to create a power supply that is reasonably small and still have a possibility to create high peaks (also @110V mains) without blowing transistors/components or triggering OCP (if it's possible at all).
Is there any rule of thumb for that during calculations? Should I use the worst case for calculations (like minimum mains voltage and maximum peak current)?
I did example calculations and the inductances look really small (Lr:14uH, Lp:84uH, Cr: 180nF).
Please see attached file - I filled the design up to point 5.

Thanks!

Attachments

• FAN7688_example_v1.zip
    516.1 KB · Views: 49
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.