Salas SSLV1.3 UltraBiB shunt regulator

I think reflektor is better for digital.
At least that' s my plan for a DAM1941 I am currently assembling.

I am planning on also going the dam1941 route soon. Am I correct in that you will use the UBib's for the 5v+ and 5v- analog power requirements and the ReflectorD for the 5v+ digital with one transformer for the analog and another for the digital? Still have those Rcores?

Are you using the Soekris input display and if so, is it best to power it's 5v+ requirement with a third Psu or just use the digital 5v+?

Thanks. nash

I am planning on also going the dam1941 route soon. Am I correct in that you will use the UBib's for the 5v+ and 5v- analog power requirements and the ReflectorD for the 5v+ digital with one transformer for the analog and another for the digital? Still have those Rcores?

Are you using the Soekris input display and if so, is it best to power it's 5v+ requirement with a third Psu or just use the digital 5v+?

Thanks. nash

I am going to use 2 transformers, not r-cores but toroids.
Reflektor for the digital but not another regulator for the display for the time being. Ubib for the analog part.
The r-cores have being used to other projects, and now it's difficult to find a reliable supplier for quality ones.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Custom Magnetics Inc. come from India (I had some recent clarification).

These guys have good reputation so these should be good.

As for the china guys, they normally use bad iron in the EI trafos so I believe they are also capable of doing so with R.Cores.

I had bad experiences here.

Hi Salas,

Soekris dam 1941 specs indicate:
Digital power 350ma max 5V
Display 150ma max 5v
Analog pos 85ma max 5v
Analog neg 85ma max 5V

Going with the uBiB for analog and ReflectorD for digital should I choose 50va 9v transformers for each? Dont want to oversize since I remember you telling us that larger transformers effect the input signal greater because of their larger magnetic field, even though cost difference to 100va is negligible.

For best performance would you recommend a separate transformer/ReflectorD for the the digital power and a separate transformer/Reflector D for the display?

Thanks. nash