Salas SSLV1.3 UltraBiB shunt regulator

I am upgrading my hole system of power supply for the soekris dam1121.
I already have a UltraBiB for the analog path and just bought an reflector D that was meant for digital part, as these two are separated on the dam1121.
Now I’m interested, from the structional view, is this the right way to go, or should I use the UltraBiB for 5V/300mA digital, and the reflector D for 5V/30mA Analog Domain.
Is the UltraBiB well suited for such a low current draw or wouldn’t the reflector be the better choice.

I am upgrading my hole system of power supply for the soekris dam1121.
I already have a UltraBiB for the analog path and just bought an reflector D that was meant for digital part, as these two are separated on the dam1121.
Now I’m interested, from the structional view, is this the right way to go, or should I use the UltraBiB for 5V/300mA digital, and the reflector D for 5V/30mA Analog Domain.
Is the UltraBiB well suited for such a low current draw or wouldn’t the reflector be the better choice.

I think reflektor is better for digital.
At least that' s my plan for a DAM1941 I am currently assembling.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Salas,

i finished the build of the positiv reg. unfortunately with an orientation failure of J2, witch i realized after powering up.

Now after soldering a new PF5102 in the correct direction, i couldn´t adjust the output voltage.

Any ideas where i could search?

Best,
Oliver

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_bc2.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_bc2.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 475
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Salas,

i finished the build of the positiv reg. unfortunately with an orientation failure of J2, witch i realized after powering up.

Now after soldering a new PF5102 in the correct direction, i couldn´t adjust the output voltage.

Any ideas where i could search?

Best,
Oliver

Hi, check Q2, Q3 Vbe. If not about 0.6V replace.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
They make a symmetric from two positives but it would work by showing a virtual ground midpoint. Don't know the compatibility of that in your application. UBiB has a true ground and a real negative section on the other hand that they can also serve down to +/-5V