Down sides to parallel wire runs in PSU?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Given that the trace in my Veroboard is not especially wide, I thought that for the main pos & neg trace I might parallel the longer bits (2") with some 20AWG insulated wire, just soldered through the holes between components.

Is there any tradeoff to this? I know it beefs up the amount of copper carrying the signal, but due to the bends, the 20AWG wire being a bit larger than the trace, etc., could there be any performance downside?

When I first pulled the PSU and added the parallel wire runs, the bass and lower mids were emphasized a bit more and the HF sounded less precise. I was trying to decide if I could have introduced some time smearing in some way or if it was just a psycho-acoustic effect of the change in frequency emphasis. I ran it in for a couple days and listened again. Now the HF seems to have settled back a bit. Maybe the new solder joints needed a little juice for a couple days?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.