Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ganged switching power supply for a tube amp.
Ganged switching power supply for a tube amp.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2018, 09:49 PM   #11
glasswatts is offline glasswatts
diyAudio Member

With the 500 watt inverter board, what are you doing for rectification? I would think run of the mill diodes would overheat due to the 20kHz output and the diodes recovery time.

Some eBay feedback suggests that 17-20 VDC input is needed to realize the full rated output with these. Are you able to vary the output voltage by varying the input voltage?
Old 11th January 2019, 06:20 PM   #12
Tyimo is offline Tyimo  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Hi Koda!

The DC-AC Converter 12V to 110V 200V 220V 280V 150W Inverter is not clear to me. It says the "Output Wave Form: high frequency square wave or DC(un-filtered)" Has it 280Vac and 280Vdc or 280x1.41=394Vdc??

Another question: they recommend to use the DC Output. ( because normal electric units are using normal rectifier. If connected to the "High Frequency AC Output", rectifier will heat up fast and damaged, diode will be destroyed.) Do you use the DC output?

greets:
Tyimo
Old 11th January 2019, 09:39 PM   #13
kodabmx is offline kodabmx  Canada
diyAudio Member

No. It's square wave. 280VDC = 280AC because of 50% duty cycle.

I use either. What they really mean is "This switches at 37kHz, and will burn out standard rectifiers used for 60Hz." I use UF or HER series diodes when I use the AC output, and that is only when I use it as a voltage doubled output (220x2=440V because it's square wave).
Old 12th January 2019, 08:22 AM   #14
Tyimo is offline Tyimo  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Thanks!

Ganged switching power supply for a tube amp.Hide this!Advertise here!