High current dual rail regulator kit for power amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the 3pin regulators are opamps tailored to give an output that is defined by the feedback arrangement.
Have a look at the datasheet simplified schematic to see just how complicated it must be.

It's that complication that increases the risk of instability and why the Builder MUST follow the esr recommendations in the datasheets.

Buying a kit or PCB can save a lot of time. Particularly if you are more interested in the audio amp than the PSU.
Whether it's a 'good' psu might depend what you want.
The ideal PSU might be designed with output protection in mind?
It comes down to what you want from 'DIYing your Audio.

Circuit-wise it looks sound enough. A good, conventional approach?

Why ? When YOU buy the kit YOU get some questionable quality caps, few resistors and a few possible fake semiconductors. The price you see there when you click on the link is not a full kit, so you need to buy other components anyway...
Yeah, but the board by itself is only $13 less than the kit with parts (filter caps and pass transistors not included)

I remember when I bought kits from eBay I always ended up replacing all the components or at least most of them And I bet that 13$ difference will actually cover at least 75% of how much you would spend on the components from mouser .
But I guess not all the kits have the same cheap Chinese eBay standard, but if you want go ahead and buy it , I would not buy the kit.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.