Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About Chinese LLC SMPS
About Chinese LLC SMPS
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2019, 06:57 AM   #41
hansueli is offline hansueli  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

What could be the power of this power supply?
It has active PCF
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-20 at 08.54.21(1).jpeg (366.3 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-20 at 08.54.21.jpeg (295.2 KB, 150 views)
Old 23rd September 2019, 09:58 AM   #42
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
They have to cut corners somewhere to get the price down.

LLC SMPS are very good. As the transformer primary sees a sine wave and not a square wave there is much less radiation from the SMPS.

The resonant frequency is very important. If you move it by changing caps then you can shift the frequency into the capacitive high current mode and possibly destroy it.
I have the problem with simulating such a smps, not because I can not design it but the transformer who is from a pc supply I have calulated with ExcellentIT7300 looks like the voltages are way higher on the calculated coil values, I had 15 volts 15 amps, 300 volts 250 volts 250mA and 2 x 120 volts 250mA it is for a tube preamp to test the circlotron.

Maybe I did something wrong, it is a ETD 39/20/13 core, I have test all materials but did not change much, why is this? or has this core a gap? the pc supply was half bridge, I have used half bridge, for simplicity when making transformer.

I have simulate al kinds of freguencies, none did give satisfied results, always to high voltages, Maybe ringing on the rectifier I did used a full wave 4 diodes rectifier to spare to much windings.

thanks for eventual giving tips.

regards

Last edited by kees52; 23rd September 2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 24th September 2019, 10:03 AM   #43
Rallyfinnen is offline Rallyfinnen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piersma View Post
If you want to tune the outputvoltage, adjust R66. It is on the bottomside of the main PCB. My China SMPS measured an max. outputpower near 400W.
For what PS is this?
I have been looking at this one, and it looks similar to the one discussed here:
500W Dual voltage LLC Switching power supply board for power amp PSU DIY | eBay

The voltage should be specified at order, but I would like the possibility to adjust voltage, so this is interesting info for me.
Old 24th September 2019, 11:16 AM   #44
Piersma is offline Piersma  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default LLC smps

The chinese LLC you mention, is the one i am referring to.
Old 24th September 2019, 03:10 PM   #45
Rallyfinnen is offline Rallyfinnen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Ok, thank you! What is your opinion about it, is it ok?
Old 15th October 2019, 03:12 PM   #46
hansueli is offline hansueli  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

the 500w china power supply is not bad but unter heavy load its thermal shuttdown due overheat of heatsink. Maybe a fan could help.

I think the moste heat comes from the rectifing diods. If the where doubled it would be much better. I hope I can sell my china PSU. I don't need it anymore.

My new 36V power supply has same L6599 but much more power and bigger transformer and double the rectifing diods. So less heat is generated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-10-15 at 16.50.13(3).jpeg (342.1 KB, 40 views)

About Chinese LLC SMPSHide this!Advertise here!