Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Best 5V SMPS ?
Best 5V SMPS ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st December 2020, 11:09 AM   #431
wirewiggler is offline wirewiggler  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Small flimsy output cable

I really like my nirvana power supply, purchased from Chicago electric - prompt shipping and communications. It seams like a nicely built unit and good value for the money but for the life of me I do not understand why the dropped the ball on the last mile- the output cable. When all things settle down And warranty is not a problem I will have to replace it. At some point I will have buy a shanty and give it a try as well. I will also have to buy and build a Iancanaca power supply with his super cap board. I bet when all is said the shanty will be cheaper, but it will be nice to compare them.
Bill
Old 1st December 2020, 03:53 PM   #432
chris14 is offline chris14
diyAudio Member

I found that the output cable was better than using the USB connection with the usb to barrel connector that came with the DAC, so cables can make a difference depending on shielding/grounding schemes and how close DC cable is to AC cables. Star quad would be optimum DC cable, but that adds $$. Question for Allo is the connect ground to PE switch operational for the USB connector?
Old 1st December 2020, 04:27 PM   #433
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Chris

yes it is.
  Reply to this post

Best 5V SMPS ?Hide this!Advertise here!