Single power supply for multiple (raspberry pi+amplifier) devices?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, everyone. I'm looking for a way to power five separate, identical components using a single power supply. I'm confident with a soldering iron, but I'm not so confident when dealing with volts, amps, etc.

Here's my project: I'm building a multi-room audio system using Raspberry Pi, IQAudio DigiAMP+ HAT, and LMS/Squeezelite. There'll be five Pi/Amp boards, each of which needs about 15 volts at 3 amps through a barrel plug or a JST connector. (The power connects to the amp, which in turn powers the pi.)

Instead of using five separate (expensive) power bricks for each of the five pi/amp boards, could I just buy a single power supply (like this) and connect it up to a daisy-chain cord (like this)? Could that setup safely power all five devices, or would it risk burning something out? Or am I completely misunderstanding how things work?

This newbie appreciates any help you can provide! Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.