18650 battery pack

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
what is the purpose of this thing, portability right?
figure out what "drop out" voltage you want for the batteries, this plus one diode drop is the AC/DC PS supply adjustable set point. Then the batteries will automatically switch over to the AC side when depleted ( via the two diodes). The hobby charger is plugged into the batteries separately by disconnecting the cable (leave off the high current switch), I'd look for a hobby charger that can handle 18VDC max input (most are nominal 12V input ) that way you can use the same PSU when charging. Note> delete all diodes on the AC side. buy a decent PSU that can adjust down to 22-18VDC. later on when you get creative you can figure out using a high current relay to switch the PSU into the amp or charger. please Look at the multi pin balance connector on the 6S hobby chargers, get it?

Attachments

• 100b1bb9-79c5-4c67-84b9-1f25fdb5b8f3.jpg
    100b1bb9-79c5-4c67-84b9-1f25fdb5b8f3.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Ah yeah I see. Thanks for your time.
Those hobby charges I would have to connect outside my speakerbox right? I was kind of hoping to plug it in and use a switch to turn it to charge or charge and play (using ac psu) so other people can't press the wrong thing on the hobby charger and set it something else. Or does the hobby charger have constant settings and I could keep it in the speakerbox? Do you see what I mean

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.