Looking for a small off the shelf SMPS for active speaker filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Subject says it all. I'm looking for a small power supply for an active speaker build. I plan on building the speakers by using some HypeX UcD in a tri-amp configuration.

I'm working on the filter design and construction now. Eventually, I will need to power it. While I've taken on the filter design, I'm not terribly interested in building my own PSU at this time. Any recommendations? The HypeX SMPS power supplies do include a 12V 500 mA auxiliary supply, but my understanding is that it's intended for for UcD amps, so tapping them seems like a bad idea.

I don't expect my needs to be exotic. 1Amp, +/- 12v split supply should do the trick. Low noise, obviously.

Thanks.

--- Carl

Thanks all. I also spend some time trolling Digi-key; the problem there is the bewildering selection. I'm not wed to it being SMPS. That was just a starting point. Specifying linear in my search actually narrowed it down more quickly.

Thinking about this one: HAD15-0.4-AG Bel Power Solutions | 179-2306-ND | DigiKey

Only 400 mA per rail, but the only thing I plan to power with this is the active cross over, and maybe some circuits to switch things on/off based on signal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.