Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reflektor-D builds
Reflektor-D builds
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th March 2019, 05:54 PM   #1501
Greg Stewart is offline Greg Stewart  United States
diyAudio Member

Reflektor-D builds
Salas,

I have a couple of 'generic digital' power supply bases with 9 rails on each. 4 of these rails are the DAC and digital processing (isolators, reclockers, etc) supplies. On this base, those supplies are based on 2 Hammond 220D16 transformers, with one secondary used per supply. The secondary feeds a diode bridge of DSEP30-06A diodes (overkill, but in my experience good sounding) and the output C of each supply is a Jensen 47000/25V 4-pole capacitor. I also include a John Swenson transformer-ringing suppression snubber on each secondary (more info on that here: Good linear PSU(s) for CAPS music player that won't break the bank - Page 12 - Music Servers - Audiophile Style ).

All of these come together at a 16-pin Hirose connector which allows me to plug and play various digital sources.

Each 'base' also has a supply with a 5V and a 3.3V rail for a source (RaspberryPi, SDCard player, or similar), a lightly-filtered quick-drop-out supply for an on-off mute relay, and an output stage supply with a +-21V output where needed.

For the Allo.com Katana, I use just 2 of the DAC/digital processing rails. Sonics are slightly better if I use one rail from each transformer.

Greg in Mississippi

P.S. These bases are built onto a large bamboo cutting board which also acts as the siting platform for the digital source in use. My other base like this uses some discontinued Amveco toriod transformers instead of the Hammonds. At some point I need to compare sonics between the 2 versions.
Old 11th March 2019, 01:39 AM   #1502
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Reflektor-D builds
Greg,

Quite elaborate, I was sure it would be an interesting setup description. Thanks for the details.
Old 11th March 2019, 02:49 PM   #1503
sbelyo is offline sbelyo  United States
diyAudio Member

Finished these two minis a while back. They're powering an Amanero/Chronos/Rhea stack and a BIII pro se (9028)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1020.JPG (130.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1022.JPG (118.5 KB, 74 views)
Old 11th March 2019, 03:12 PM   #1504
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Reflektor-D builds
Nice arrangement and thick cables
Old 11th March 2019, 03:57 PM   #1505
sbelyo is offline sbelyo  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Nice arrangement and thick cables
Thanks, I used 14 AWG stranded. Any bigger and it was going to be tough getting them in place

Reflektor-D buildsHide this!Advertise here!