Cheap high voltage high wattage dual rail SMPS devices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, noob on the forum here :p but while i was looking at Cheap amplifier boards from china, and looking at other chip-amps, and kits. I noticed that single rail supply amplifier (even for class d) seem not to be very competitive for the price. and cant drive high wattages at high impedance , compared to kits at similar prices with dual rail inputs.

So I was looking for cheap +/- psu's without using virtual ground Ex. two smps supplies in parallel (To avoid a Hot ground on the speaker terminals.)

Anyway , I found these

180watt 12v to DC +/-32v For $18 - Not bad ! Here - Ebay

500watt 12v to DC +/-35v For $34 Here - GoodLuckBuy

1000watt 12v to DC +/-48 to +/-60 For $55 - Adjustable :) Here - GoodLuckBuy

Similar items can be found an amazon and ebay but much more expensive.
Ex. DROK Car boost converter for about $88 Here - Amazon

When I price out combining a 120v to 12v 500w - 1000w smps supply and using one of these to up-convert again are cheaper than most dual rail power supplies on the forum with seems kinda redundant ... to go down and back up again :/

So I was Wondering if there was anyone knew of a forum or a place I could buy similar items , but maybe with more input voltage options? (still in the insanely cheap price range).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.