Hypex SMPS400A180

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I have one monitor speaker that have 2 bridged UcD180 modules on 8ohm load for bass and 1 of same module on tweeter duty with this power supply.After 2 years of working ,last week on power up it wont work.As an electrical engineer myself i found that on power up 2 transistor of the supply board poppd up.The 2 in question are T7 and T14. The first is an smd part and i cant read it what it was,with some intuition and a little schematic i draw i think is an high voltage pnp part.The T14 is an npn KSP44.I already emailed hypex to ask what part number it is so i can change it myself and no answer for now.I must mention that the fast 5A fuse is working,the bridge rectifier too and the caps are good.Is only missing the low voltage startup part.
I ask is anyone have a module at hand if can make an macro picture of the tiny transistor to see the number printed.
Thank you in advance.
Daniel

U1 is not alimented.in hes path is T10 marked BCP56 that is another NPN transistor and it seems measured still good.I am gonna remove another transistor 1Bt from the board to see what type is and try to change it accordingly.Thank you for your big effort,will let you know how it goes when the KSP arrive in a few days.
Daniel.

I made a quick drawing in eagle of the primary circuit.The diodes are only simbolic,there is a bridge rectifier and filter,and are all good.There are too many smd components on the board,that for reversing and making a full schematic would mean to desolder them all and throw away the board in the end.My scope is to try and repair it as it is with the only 2 transistors,otherwise will buy a new one hopping it will be exactly the same and will work in my powered speaker.

Attachments

• Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 881
Back on the right track today.Even if it was more than 3 weeks ago i had a very pleasant surprise today when i received an email from Hypex customer service.I had brough a new supply from then 3 week ago and was very happy that i received it within 2 working days and my cab was working again.Now i have the part list of the transistors i need to repair my old one and keep it as spare.The 2 transistor are
T7 - BC846BW and T14- KSP44.
Hope this will be usefull for anyone with same problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.