transformer for F5TV3 question about Antek AN8234/ AN8434

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been wanting to buy for an F5TV3 amp build, two Antek AN-8234 transformers- 800VA , 2x34 V outputs but they have been N/A for months. They do however, have the AN-8434 in stock which in addition to the 2x 34V outputs also have 2x12V and 2x18V outputs.
Will the AN-8434 be acceptable if I just tie off the unused outputs. How are those additional secondary outputs wired; extra secondary windings? Performance wise will it be the same as the AN-8234, noise, etc? Somebody please advice. Thanks.

The extra outputs are extra secondary windings and can have the leads taped off and tucked out of the way if not needed. Since your not going to use the extra windings there won't be any performance issues.

Thanks. I was wondering whether the extra windings could cause more audible hum from the transformer or result in any sonic penalties I am not aware of.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.