Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Power Issues Nakamichi SR-4A
Power Issues Nakamichi SR-4A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st July 2019, 06:22 PM   #31
Mannegizen is offline Mannegizen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

What kind of issues do you have?
Old 21st July 2019, 07:00 PM   #32
martytoo is offline martytoo
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannegizen View Post
What kind of issues do you have?
I just bought this on Friday and knew the tuner wasn't working. Once I got it home I very much enjoyed the amp hooked up to a CD player. The amp is ultra quiet and seems amazing.

After playing with the tuner I was able to get a weak sounding AM audio response from a local 50,000 watt AM station. The AM station was listenable but not very pleasant.

But the FM letters don't light up in the display and even though there were two FM stations that I could almost tune in (seeing their dim frequency numbers in the display) the audio was a very static filled distortion.

The memory function seems to be working.

Other owners of this receiver(including a post that I think you made years ago) seem to look to the power supply as the cause of FM trouble and thus I want to measure the voltages there as a start in diagnosis.

Power Issues Nakamichi SR-4AHide this!Advertise here!