diyAudio Power Supply Circuit Board v3 illustrated build guide

Actually, I would still like to know how, when and why one would decide to add (or omit) the R_Optional1-6 (optional resistors).

Also, I am very interested in all decisions RE:

• R11-R12 (output snubber resistors)
  • RS1-RS2 (input snubber resistors)
  • CX1-CX2 (input snubber capacitor)
  • CS1-CS2 (input snubber capacitor)
I think the above are omitted from the first post 'build guide' and would like to really understand why. What makes the optional resistors a good/poor choice? It seems like the snubbers are a good idea and sort of fail safe.
Best to all
-Ses

I have read and re-read this (entire) forum, but cannot definitively tell exactly how to connect the 18V AC leads from my transformer to the PSUv3 board using the diode rectifier bridge. I've posted a photo of my current build below -- and indicted what I *think* I understand about how this should be connected to the 18V AC input. I know this is a trivial question and one I should be able to figure out (or infer) but I simply don't feel confident that I'm understanding this correctly. Thank you in advance!

Hi,
Did you get any answer on this issue? I have the same problem :-((.
thanks
Regards

From Aleph J build guide, same power supply.

Attachments

• bridges_zpsbec07865.jpg
    bridges_zpsbec07865.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 513
Is this correct

Testing the PSU and I am getting 64 VDC reading. The transformer is 2 x 22V, and I have wired it as 1st set of secondaries to AC1A and AC1B. The second set of secondaries wired to AC2A and AC2B. I wanted 30-32 VDC for the Pearl 2. What have I done wrong.
Andrew

Good evening,
I'm building an F6 , I have a 400VA ,230 V transformer and I would like to be sure if the connections presented in the attached picture (transformer to PSU board) are done right. Also if the 2 LEDs are installed with the right orientation.
Thank you
Regards

Attachments

• Intrebare.png
    Intrebare.png
    688 KB · Views: 718
Last edited:
25A 200V, or 35A 200V
going to 400V does no harm.

Hi,
Thanks for the posts... I am building the M2X Amp using the PSUv3 from the store. I need to purchase parts for the final case assembly. Looking at
AS-3218 - 300VA 18V Transformer - AnTek Products Corp and wondering if it is ok to go to 'higher' rated diodes and get, "50A 1000V KBPC Single Phase, Full Wave 50 Amp 1000 Volt Electronic Silicon Diodes"
(Pack of 2 Pieces) Chanzon KBPC5010 Bridge Rectifier Diode 50A 1000V KBPC Single Phase, Full Wave 50 Amp 1000 Volt Electronic Silicon Diodes: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Also would love some help in a particular part number for the case switch and protector fuse? If it helps, I am going to use the 4U deluxe chassis from the diyaudio store.

Building a PS v3 with an Antek AS-4218 to go in a 5U chassis.

Read that optional 0.47R-3W resistors 1 thru 6 can be added for high current power requirements.

Projected uses are for an Aleph J, then perhaps an M2x or ZM SissySIT.

Seek counsel as to whether it is advisable for me to include some, or all, of the optional resistors.
I have them on hand.