Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

diyAudio Power Supply Circuit Board v3 illustrated build guide
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2018, 05:11 PM   #741
Sesquipedalio is offline Sesquipedalio
diyAudio Member

Thanks WKCox! That is exactly the direct help I needed. I am also thankful I do not need to do alterations, as it would be outside my wheelhouse at this [gain] stage (Bah ha hah - pun intended!).
I noticed you are around the corner in Verona. I am on Madtown's east side. Good to know there is a builder in the area!
Ses
Old 11th November 2018, 05:20 PM   #742
diyAudio Member

Actually, I would still like to know how, when and why one would decide to add (or omit) the R_Optional1-6 (optional resistors).

Also, I am very interested in all decisions RE:
  • R11-R12 (output snubber resistors)
  • RS1-RS2 (input snubber resistors)
  • CX1-CX2 (input snubber capacitor)
  • CS1-CS2 (input snubber capacitor)
I think the above are omitted from the first post 'build guide' and would like to really understand why. What makes the optional resistors a good/poor choice? It seems like the snubbers are a good idea and sort of fail safe.
Best to all
-Ses
Old 11th November 2018, 05:33 PM   #743
WKCox is offline WKCox  United States
diyAudio Member

If you read posts #43 through #57, your questions should be answered regarding snubbers and RC filters. No need to populate optional resistors or snubbers if used with M2x.
Pass F5, Pass M2x, Pass ACA, Audio Research ST-70-C3, Dynaco ST-35, Audio Electronic Supply SE-1, Elekit TU-8500, Hagerman Bugle, Scan-Speak Solist MTM, Selah SA-1, Seas Loki, Cavalli eXStatA, Millett Hybrid MAX, Millett Hybrid MiniMAX
Old 11th November 2018, 11:41 PM   #744
diyAudio Member

Good to know - thanks for the clear direction, WKCox
Old Yesterday, 03:34 AM   #745
batty is offline batty  Australia
diyAudio Member

Is it OK to use this PSU in an M2x build with the standard components in the BOM I plan to use 2x bridge rectifiers. Toroid is 2x 18V 10A. This one https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NORATEL-...53.m1438.l2649
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #746
Alex Cazanescu is offline Alex Cazanescu
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doore View Post
I have read and re-read this (entire) forum, but cannot definitively tell exactly how to connect the 18V AC leads from my transformer to the PSUv3 board using the diode rectifier bridge. I've posted a photo of my current build below -- and indicted what I *think* I understand about how this should be connected to the 18V AC input. I know this is a trivial question and one I should be able to figure out (or infer) but I simply don't feel confident that I'm understanding this correctly. Thank you in advance!
Hi,
Did you get any answer on this issue? I have the same problem :-((.
thanks
Regards
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #747
Mazeppa is offline Mazeppa  United States
diyAudio Member

From Aleph J build guide, same power supply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bridges_zpsbec07865.jpg (124.8 KB, 24 views)
Old Today, 06:20 AM   #748
aalewis is offline aalewis  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Is this correct

Testing the PSU and I am getting 64 VDC reading. The transformer is 2 x 22V, and I have wired it as 1st set of secondaries to AC1A and AC1B. The second set of secondaries wired to AC2A and AC2B. I wanted 30-32 VDC for the Pearl 2. What have I done wrong.
Andrew
Old Today, 04:16 PM   #749
Ben Mah is online now Ben Mah  Canada
diyAudio Member

Australia is 230V so the transformer primaries should be wired in series. Did you wire them in parallel? Parallel would double the secondary voltage.

diyAudio Power Supply Circuit Board v3 illustrated build guideHide this!Advertise here!