Simple, no-math transformer snubber using Quasimodo test-jig

Hi,
I have completed my Quasimodo build, and the first three transformers I have tested, with Cx=10nF, Cs=150nF, have shown ideal Rs between 14Ω and 20Ω. Therefore I'm not sure these numbers are correct. My - old - Tektronix scope doesn't show a picture like those posted here before, but rather one peak followed by a few decreasing waves. If I try to minimise them, I always end around 14Ω to 20Ω.
Are these numbers realistic? I'm somewhat suspicious that something is wrong here...
What might be the issue? The scope? Something in the build?
If it's the scope; is there a way to check it? Are they alternatives to using the scope?
The trans I tested were:
1) toroid 230V/500VA 2x40V secondary: Cx=10nF, Cs=150nF, Rs=16Ω
2) toroid 230V/15VA 2x12V secondary: Cx=10bF, Cs=150nF, Rs=18Ω
3) original from Quad 405 from 1977 - 230V/300VA 2x35V secondary: Cx=10nF, Cs=150nF, Rs=16Ω

Joined 2011
Paid Member
When Quasimodo gives newcomers a surprising result measuring a transformer, I usually recommend stepping back and using QM on known inductors (whose answers we can calculate in advance, thus we know what Quasimodo should report).

Please see post #257 and post #487 for ideas about how to certify a Quasimodo (even an ExtraLight) using a fixed inductor of known value.

While you're ordering a ±5% inductor from your electronic parts distributor, go ahead and also order a 20 turn 1K trimmer and a 20 turn 100 ohm trimmer.

also

When in doubt, leave everything exactly the same, but replace the transformer by a fixed inductor manufactured by a top tier electronic component company. Something between 40 microhenries and 400 microhenries, for example, any of these:

short-link to possible inductors at Mouser.com