Where to buy power supply AC 17V, 8VA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I The Hanss Acoustics is a company not well known in the Greek market, which disadvantages, as it turned out. The specific manufacturer specializes in analog systems and offers three phono Preamps, from whom the PA-23 is the middle. This is a device that enables signal pre-amplification heads Mobile Mobile magnet and coil, with the option to switch on the back, but without giving the possibility to use to choose values for the impedance and the input capacity. The circuit is based on a combination of discrete components (which are used in the input stage) and operational amplifiers (including the 4824 of JRC, while there are some with faded features) and uses a brave, apparently, catering to 8 capacitors of 1,000 maritime GMDSS remotely controlled stations and stabilization. The build quality is good, with minimal wiring and plugs of very good quality, in a chassis that is, also, very high quality. The power supply is done with CIP.found this online .. sorry for the translation.....

Some time ago PS audio found that the transformer before the bridge would effect the sound even though the current demand was far below the transformers output . Given that if you can get a 17 or 18 volt ac output transformer cheap try it and report back . If the power supply in the box is very good there may be little if any effect. Thus do not spend a lot to try a different ac wall wart or transformer . Regards

No shortage of snakes but the oil is not free

My personal opinion is that these sort of things are snake oil.

Something that is well designed should expect to see some sort of trash on the mains and be able to deal with it.
That a big if . It appears a lot of power supplies are not designed to filter out the non primary freq. from the ac line. In a private conversation with Tony Cortasman after he review some filters I ask if as a defense contractor was his ac secured as well as the phone lines . He said of course then I pointed out the the ac line was so heavily filter to prevent spying on his activates related to the DOD that there was no noise on his ac line. Since most of us do not have secured ac coming in to our homes a line conditioner can have an effect.

That a big if . It appears a lot of power supplies are not designed to filter out the non primary freq. from the ac line. In a private conversation with Tony Cortasman after he review some filters I ask if as a defense contractor was his ac secured as well as the phone lines . He said of course then I pointed out the the ac line was so heavily filter to prevent spying on his activates related to the DOD that there was no noise on his ac line. Since most of us do not have secured ac coming in to our homes a line conditioner can have an effect.
True. But, if the line conditioner has an audible effect, the designer didn't do their job when designing the equipment. That's not acceptable for a piece of "audiophile" equipment. If it's a cheap piece of equipment, its own flaws will probably mask the line conditioner's effects. At least that's my opinion about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.