Need a 2W Bipolar DC - DC Converter circuit to make a dual rail power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
G'day techies,
I'm looking to use a 9V battery to power some audio opamps with a 0V ground and + / - 12V to 15V.
I've read that a Bipolar DC-DC converter can do the job but I have no experience with them.

Is there a link to a circuit diagram with components used so I can get this working?

Any advice?

Appreciated.

Hi,

have a look at the LT3471. The calculation of parts values is straightforward.
Its a tiny 3x3mm SMD casing which is quite sensitive to soldering procedure. Similar SEPIC converter chips can be found at Alanalog, Texas, etc.
Also in SMD but in an much easier to solder 10pin MSIOP package comes the LTC1871.
This one require an external switching N-channel MOSFET transistor. See Datasheet p32 for a dual voltage application.
An alternative may be to use a complete dc-dc converter like the very small sized XPPower IM-series (IM2415S or IM2415S, 9-36Vin, at Farnell) or IU-series with lower Vin range and possibility of metal shielded casing.

jauu
Calvin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.