The Well Regulated Power Supply

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Thanks Andrea, I will. I have purchased as well some 560 from them but dunno if Fairchild... I don't think they are, it was for a non critical app.

On my modest side I had few exchanges with the great Pedja Rogic in some public posts on his blog but also some PM with the idea in mind to go a little further with the AYA (5 edition rightnow is with discret I/V and it occurs it will relaunch also in september his USB to sim board for the TDA1541A with DIL 14 vias for third party crystals I asked like the squarer board.

The AYA 5 will also have the USB to sim board embeded but with uf-l socket input for third party clocks. Maybe a squarer to UFL or the former DIscroll with a ufl-outputt adaptaot worths it, I don't know, with the idea to use no longer than 2" uf-l wires perhaps?!

He was nice again for us DIY people, he is a very open minded guy, and both of your designs together should works great :) :cool: :worship:. My final will be with a -E188CC- I/V from Thorsten Loesch ECC88/6DJ8 design ! :worship:

Houps, I almost need a prior carpet, lol :D, but many thanks guys :)

Last edited:
Hi Andrea,

I was able to power up the twrps-ugl using the specified transformer and im getting output of about 26vdc.. measured secondary of the power trans and it read 24vac.. measured my wall outlet and it was at 125vac.. im going to power the drixo clocks with this.. is 26vdc too high?

Can i use the center tap of 12v for the twrps-ugl? The manual states input of 18-20vac.

Thanks

Last edited:
Very strange because I have tested all the finished boards before shipping and they did work correctly.

I attach a picture with some test points to check if the regulator works.
Please use a load at the output of the regulator, such 220R 2W or similar.

Attachments

• Test_Point.jpg
    Test_Point.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 178
Hi Andrea,

Do you still have a completed finished TWRPS-UGL board available for sale? I haven’t diagnosed my board yet but planning on buying another one instead. Im not very good with smd soldering anyway. Would be much easier for me to get a new one.

By the way, i am now playing the drixos in my ianfifo setup and it is just amazing. Currently just powering them with ifi power x power supply.. i bet it will be even better with better power supply. The drixos just blows away the crystek and accusilicons..