SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

Hydra Headed Shunt

The Salas solution for 2 loads got me thinking. Salas states that the loads need to low impedance (close to each other) from the sensing junction to each load. I'm wondering if there is a way to use a single shunt supply to power multiple loads at distance from each other and the regulator?

For example, I have a satellite/subwoofer setup with "analogue line level gain circuits" and power amps at each speaker. The amps are in a rough line with about 2.5 m spacing between each and the regulator would likely be built into the subwoofer enclosure. Is there an approach that would allow me to power the line level circuits from a variation on a BiB shunt?

My initial thought is that I might be able to have a single input section, a single Vref and shunt, but multiple output/sensing sections in parallel and being fed by the shunt. OK, I'd better stop here as I am clearly in over my head. Any thoughts?

What is the size of the sslv1.1 board? I'd like to fit a couple into a hammond case if possible.

Per salas guide:

Three 128x42x1.6mm LWH double layer plated through holes 2 OZ copper boards. 2 positive and 1 negative polarity sections arranged as one 128x126x1.6mm entity with grooved lines between them.

Can break apart easily in sections to be used/placed individually or not.

If you're talking hammond extruded cases you may be limited by height of filter caps that you chose ...

Last edited:
I built a 15+ and 15- volt Bib boards for my Bugle phono amp. The R101 is 7.5ohm and the R201 is 5ohm. Now, I have BIB boards for both my phono amp and my lightspeed volume control going to my Tubelab SSE. The sound improvement with these boards is amazing. The music is so clean and clear. Led Zeppelin's Kashmir never sounded so good to me. Thanks Salas for this amazing shunt regulator.

Kerux

I tried to access the build guide on the website where it currently resides. No such luck.

ul.to - Not available ...

... returns only an error message: ul.to - Not available / "Our service is currently unavailable in country. We are sorry about that."

I am sorry too because I would like to access the guide. The country that is not being served in this case is the United States of America.