SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
P.S. I remind you that the CCS running current is what voltage drop you measure across Rset divided by Rset in Ohm. Power dissipation on output sink will be CCS current minus max real load operating current times output voltage. CCS MOSFET sink will receive in Watt the DC across the large smoothing capacitor minus reg's output voltage times the CCS current.

Thank you Salas. Yes I know the first sink gets warm to the touch, but should be alright. I wanted to use larger sinks but I am limited for space...

Attachments

• IMG_0840.jpg
    IMG_0840.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 252
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You would also have to check out C101 C201 electrolytic instead of C102 C202 MKT I guess? Since its for digital. As you did with the DCB1 supply for DAM. C103-C203 option even. In a separate session. To decide best config in your application. Its all described in the SSLV manual. Section 4. Output Zobel/Ecap

Ok I got my positive reg working my target voltage out is 24v@ .24a
I am getting 3.2 volts across R101 which is 10 ohm .32mA of current.
I have 8.6 volts across R103 which is 1.8k I have a 100 ohm dummy load.
The dummy load seems to get pretty warm after its been on for a few minutes
Dose this seem right or did I do something wrong?

Regards
Dave

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Ok I got my positive reg working my target voltage out is 24v@ .24a
I am getting 3.2 volts across R101 which is 10 ohm .32mA of current.
I have 8.6 volts across R103 which is 1.8k I have a 100 ohm dummy load.
The dummy load seems to get pretty warm after its been on for a few minutes
Dose this seem right or did I do something wrong?

Regards
Dave
24V across 100 Ohm means 240mA resistively simulated load at 5.76W dissipation.
You set 320mA current limit. So you both have enough spare and a hot dummy load. It computes.

Chatziva, very nice build! Can you please tell me which heatsinks you used on the SSLV1.1?

These:

SK 145/37,5 STS-220 - FISCHER ELEKTRONIK - HEAT SINK, TO-220, ETC, 12°C/W | Farnell element14

They can get warm but for low current applications like this DAC they're fine.

Note I had to mount them upside down (i.e. with the legs facing up) which is a little bit annoying but couldn't find anything better at 12C/W. It would have been nice if there was a single heatsink for both mosfets but couldn't find anything suitable.

The trafo on the left had a bit of a surgery. It started life as a 15v+15v but I unwound one secondary until roughly 9v for the reflektor-d :)

Last edited: