Keantoken's CFP cap multiplier

Hello, I followed this thread a long time. Interesting concept. After so many circuits, which one is to choose, which is the final design? On keantoken´s page some details are not shown. The 2SC5171/2SA1930 is still available at the ebay store diy-audio4you, at least here in Germany.
Does anybody have a proper pcb layout from the latest design for my inspiration? I like to make my own to learn these things (Target program)......

This is the current schematic that goes with the current PCB.

Attachments

• KM-PCB-diagram.png
    KM-PCB-diagram.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 397
My boards aren't necessarily good to learn from because of the ground plane.

These boards are flawed, but they may give you an idea.

DirtyPCBs.com

Take note of the patch I described below. The connections on the board are correct, but in the wrong order in such a way that parasitics cause oscillation.

They can be made to work if you wire C1 directly from Q1's base to the ground pin of C5, and do the equivalent for the negative side.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thank you Kean

I am planning to use the high voltage version as ripple killer for the front end of my power amp.

It will feed the IPS and VAS because I am not sure if it can also be used to feed the driver stage.

The IPS plus VAS run at 16mA so I added a shunt resistor in the output of the kmult just to increase current pull to 40mA.... Is there a better way to do it ?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I think that should be fine. For this amp there should be no problem running the drivers from the KM.

Thank you Kean

Would you elaborate on this ?

Why, in this amp you state there should be no problem feeding the drivers with the KM ?

Are there any issues if I try to use the KM feeding the drivers of a differnt kind of power amp ? Example, would it be suitable even if the output stage was not made with laterals ?