what you all think about this design?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 334
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Kean

Reworked the layout now using your simplified schemetic. Trying to follow your board layout I included a copper pour connected to GND.... your comments are most welcome here as I do not have enough experience on how to use gnd planes.

Best Ricardo

Attachments

• P300 KMult 4.PNG
    P300 KMult 4.PNG
    65.8 KB · Views: 304
  • P300 KMult 4 b.PNG
    P300 KMult 4 b.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 287
LT3042 output cap as KeantokenCFP

hi guys.Check this out
I might be doing something wrong but the results are very good.
Can someone please verify this.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 279
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 290
  • kentoken after.asc
    3.8 KB · Views: 42
Reworked the layout now using your simplified schemetic. Trying to follow your board layout I included a copper pour connected to GND.... your comments are most welcome here as I do not have enough experience on how to use gnd planes.

Few here use ground planes, the important thing is to just not create large current loops when small current loops will do. If you can do a good one-sided layout, then using ground planes starts being a good idea. I don't think they are much of an improvement the way you are using them.

It's hard to figure out your layout without seeing the whole board. And I'm not really in a good position to teach this stuff. If others here can't find flaws with the board, then you will probably be satisfied with it. There is no guarantee that my advice won't just confuse you and cause you to make a worse layout.

I am using separated paths for the zobel gnd and other grounds... they will all join star ground on the psu board. Somehow I believe zobel return should not be connected directly to other gnd. Am I wrong ?

In fact I see the zobel as another load to the power amp and as we normally route speaker return to the psu star, I decided to do the same for the zobel.
The amplifier's output Zobel is predominantly an HF load.
10ohms+100nF has an F-3dB frequency of 159kHz.
The load presented to the amplifier at this frequency is ~14ohms.
Significant VHF current can only flow through the output Zobel if the impedance at these high frequencies is maintained to a very low level.
This cannot happen if you take the output Zobel route on a tour around the amplifier to tie into some remote star.

The impedance can only be kept low by placing the output Zobel in a short compact LOW LOOP AREA route around the output devices and HF decoupling.

Last edited: