Keantoken's CFP cap multiplier

I did not measured V access it, but I see very low current is running through it during continues operation. It's blinks for 1/2 sec during start as well as my green LEDs and still show very little light after that. Greens are totally off after initial blink. Not big deal with such Vdrop for me since I have sufficient margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I never got the notification that this thread has changed. It's better to PM me because sometimes I never find out when someone posts in the thread.

Luckily, there is good news however. I have new PCBs with corrected silkscreen. So if you still want boards, let me know.

As for BOM, this image covers a few different options for the board.

Attachments

• KM-PCB-diagram.png
    KM-PCB-diagram.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,056
I have just build a Keantoken cfp according to the stock schematic with C1 = 470uf nichicon fw, cout = 220uf, r1 = 220R instead of 47r and r load = 10ma, npn = bc337, pnp = pzta56. I measured it with the QA400 connected to external 38db amp, the Keantoken was feed from lt3471 step up from 3.7v battery to 7v. Here is the result:
wjOJirI.png

Look quite good but using the same setup, i swap the Keantoken for a simple capacitance multiplier (C1 = 470uf), noise figure is significant better:
mhMVYMM.png

The Lt3471 alone:
bp2jeYz.png

And Lt3471 with tps7a4701 look the best:
GJzkgf4.png

People often blame the Lm317 for it noise but i found it to be very good ( this is a desktop power supply using transformer):
7nSayGj.png

Last edited: