DSCF5366.JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 539
  • DSCF5368.JPG
    DSCF5368.JPG
    353.8 KB · Views: 533
  • DSCF5370.JPG
    DSCF5370.JPG
    370.3 KB · Views: 520
Alex, thanks for building board & confirming board working OK.
What's your plan to power with these boards?

I'm using this first PCB to power-up my Linkwitz filter for subwoofer. I already used these devices in Salas Raw DC for his FSP with an excellent results.
It dropped my V ripple substantially and Salas Phono with about 72 dB is very quite. Also, I used it in my J-Mo Mk II Headphone amplifier. Also with perfect result. Now I have 11 boards left and I plan to use them widely in my projects, but definitely and only when its really needed. That you for these nice PCBs.

P.S. I can find you Raw DC with snubbers on DertyPCB. Is it ready?

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Finally have 2 KCCMs working. One for the DAM R2R DAC and one for JG buffer stage. The DAM draws:

Positive Rail: .18A, 10V
Negative Rail: 0.06A, 10V
Total: 2.4W

so maybe one should bleed the minus side to get the output imp down?

Already they seem to have improved my sound and taken away a little harshness in the top and also made for a more solid foundation in general. Very nice!

Thanks you for your contributions.

//

Attachments

• DSCF5371b.jpg
    DSCF5371b.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 634
The output circuit uses intentional feedback to reduce output impedance. The filter circuit has no intentional feedback. It doesn't have to have global feedback to be a filter, you can just use one transistor and that removes the feedback and the low output impedance (and gives you an ordinary C-multiplier).

Max input ripple before saturation: 1.5V pk-pk (0.46Vrms on an AC multimeter)

It means k-multiplier filters cant be used if there is a 2V drop across the filter capacitors ?

Right now i am powering 8 opamps via 337/317 regulators. Transformer is 6VA, two windings.

WITH no LOAD: +/-31V DC before the regs.
WITH LOAD: 28.8V DC before the regs.
Note: Load is constant (34mA from the Regulators output to the opamps)

Is it good idea to try k-multiplier filter in that setup ?