Keantoken's CFP cap multiplier

Like this?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 525
4 diodes, not a GB bridge (soft recovery, schottky, smd, etc) - shorten tracks by Input one end of pcb & o/p the other end - snubber is applied directly across sec winding = 0.01uF in // to a 0.15uF + 1/2 watt resistor to suit (Haggerman type) - add option to use 2 resistors in '+ rail' and 2 resistors in '- rail' for the C-R-C filter - add option for extra resistors for R-C-R-C filters - Single layer, NO ground plane - maybe R + led indicator - optional power load resistor on o/p - etc

4 diodes, not a GB bridge (soft recovery, schottky, smd, etc)

shorten tracks by Input one end of pcb & o/p the other end

snubber is applied directly across sec winding = 0.01uF in // to a 0.15uF + 1/2 watt resistor to suit (Haggerman type)

4. add option to use 2 resistors in '+ rail' and 2 resistors in '- rail' for the C-R-C filter

add option for extra resistors for R-C-R-C filters

Single layer, NO ground plane

maybe R + led indicator

optional power load resistor on o/p -c

1. board is so small, 5x5 cm, no room for disrete diodes, complicates layout, but OK maybe

2. no room for conectors on sides

3. OK

4. dont understand, this board is for one rail not for both (you need two), it has CRC (pi) filter

5. maybe

6. no ground plane OK, but needs 2 layer

7. I'll try to find room

8. bleeder, OK

Best to keep line carried noise, charging current pulses, etc concentrated in area of raw supply and as the cct on post #790 requires +/- rail volts with the single 0 volt connection, use single pcb for both rails, despite the larger size and feed maybe 2 CMx (for 2 channel signals) - look outside the square a bit

Single layer only maybe - simplify tracking and avoid capacitor 2 layer thru hole soldering - maybe larger smd power resistors underneath - is central 0 volt point connection at input, output of CMx board(s) or another point in the circuit (following regulator, active circuit, etc)?

Some suggestions only ...

Sik, that looks pretty good.
Check that your 2pin 0.2" pin pitch terminals still fit and that cables can enter the holes in the sides.

I note the wiggly shape of the traces to obtain that Low Loop Area.
We rarely see this in PCB layouts because so few "design" for Low Loop Area.
Well done.

The alternative is to go to power planes in multi-layer PCBs, but that can't be replicated with our thick 2 layer boards.

As an aside, many Members complement "nice looking" PCBs, without ever thinking about whether "Nice" interferes with performance.
Symmetrical and nice usually result in bad performance in the very many examples I see posted on this Forum.
Layout "Designers" need to learn what layout rules they should be adopting to obtain good performance.

Dr. Cherry actually told us about ONE technique that achieves good performance and yet virtually no one has taken on board his layout rules.
The Dr. Cherry article is on this Forum.

Last edited:
* Added two big holes for optional choke wiring (Triodethom)
* 2pin 0.2" pin pitch terminals dimensions check. My terminals are 10x8 mm and fits (look at the picture)

If someone have some more ideas, bring it on please.

Film cap || C1&C2?

Optional resistors between C3 & C4 for CRCRC? (only vertical mount possible)

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 509
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 486
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 473
  • Degson_DG126-5.0-xxP-1x_Screw_Terminal_V-600.JPG
    Degson_DG126-5.0-xxP-1x_Screw_Terminal_V-600.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 470
As an aside, many Members complement "nice looking" PCBs, without ever thinking about whether "Nice" interferes with performance.
Symmetrical and nice usually result in bad performance in the very many examples I see posted on this Forum.
Layout "Designers" need to learn what layout rules they should be adopting to obtain good performance.

Dr. Cherry actually told us about ONE technique that achieves good performance and yet virtually no one has taken on board his layout rules.
The Dr. Cherry article is on this Forum.

Hi Andrew, i searched for the article but cannot find it, could You please share a link?