Keantoken's CFP cap multiplier

Hi Keantoken,
Need your advice.
Does it make sense to install drain resistor in order to discharge all caps in my MOSFET headphone PSU when I turns it off?
I have analog voltmeter with LED illumination and its stays lighted for 5-7 min when I turn amp off. Not big issue, but I would like to try to fix that.
Please see attached schematics and correct me if the location is not right. Also, what would be the optimal value for that resistor - 10K?

Attachments

• KM_3.jpg
    KM_3.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 540
  • V meter.jpg
    V meter.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 519
If you were to reduce the LED delay time to half it's current amount, then your PSU ripple would double, because you would need to double the idle load on the PSU.

Instead, I would suggest lighting the LED with a diode and capacitor across the trafo secondary, making the capacitor at least large enough that the LED does not visibly blink. This way there is no need to worsen ripple just because an LED stays on too long.

At that caes, I can use 120V AC of trany primery too. Please see first attached picture.
I'm not sure if I understood you correcly... Any dummy load increse ripple? So, if I'll remove both 10K resistors, then my Vripple will go down? Please see second picture. I marked 10K with red....

Attachments

• ac led.gif
    ac led.gif
    7 KB · Views: 480
  • RC.jpg
    RC.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 437
What the Difference Performance KM circuit here

Hi all, :wave2:
Thanks to MR Keantoken for the circuit design
need to ask here, what is the Difference Result/Performance between those A and B circuit regarding KM regulator ? :confused:

142saq9.png

Any options to make it for let say :
1. Low voltage 12 volt, low current 20 -50mA only
2. High voltage 20-25 Volt, high current 3 - 10 Amp.
So we can choose the right Transistor and components value and avoiding any oscillations. :scratch:
3. is it good to use Two positive circuit for Dual Rail supply + & - ?
4. Any disadvantage using positive circuit into Dual rail supply ?
Sorry too many Q
Thanks for any clue.
regards,
jc

Last edited:
5x5 cm, at DirtyPCBs 14$ for 10 pieces, free shipping

Kean or someone else, please take a look is something wrong, thanks.

PS all high height element on top of the board, all low height element on bottom of the board

Attachments

• k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 133
  • K3.jpg
    K3.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 325
  • K2.jpg
    K2.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 335
  • K1.jpg
    K1.jpg