Crown CL2 service schematics needed.

Contact Crown directly. If the material is not already on their web site for download, they have always been forthcoming with service documentation in response to my queries as long as I've worked on this stuff, so make a request either by email or phone.

It must be the month for Crown CL2 repairs. I have in my possession (2) Crown CL2 amplifiers. Both have no positive waveform what so ever. Is the fan supposed to turn on upon start up and then turn off? I have no fan operation at all. Never played with one before. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll try again

Attachments

• Crown CL2 002.jpg
    Crown CL2 002.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 778
  • Crown CL2 004.jpg
    Crown CL2 004.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 469
Interesting photographs. Is it difficult to repair amplifiers with Surface Mount Devices compared to traditional devices and are the surface mounted Semiconductors easily obtainable?

Are these type of PCB's also more prone to having damaged tracks which cause the PCB's to be non usable? Please excuse my questions as I do not have that much experience with repairing SMD populated power amplifiers.

Thx

Had to bend the chassis in order to remove the board. Will have to make up some wire harness extensions in order to work on it effectively. Someone should be punished for designing something like this.:2c:

To answer your question.... for me this type of amplifier isn't repairable because I cannot deal with surface mount parts. My particular amplifier isn't showing surface track damage but I have seen it in the past on other amplifiers.

Mine is still sitting on the garage floor in a non- working state and I would consider selling it for a reasonable amount plus shipping cost just to get it to hell out of my sight.

Give me $10 plus shipping and it could be yours:eek:

irish1968

did you get yours running???

Good News: I watched a CL4 video on YT yesterday, That is a whole different animal. But the guy told us that the CL series has a more
commercial counterpart, and the CL4s should be C4000.

I thought the same would be true for CL1 and CL2, and it is. CL1 is the same schematic as CE1000, and CL2 as the CE2000A, and you can
find a service manual light on both models here: https://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2&searchstring=CROWN+C2000