A-class Preamp PSU

VR 1k must be replaced with 4k7 for BF245A, and regulation output voltage will be from +/12V to +/-24V.

Attachments

• APEX 2x24V Aclass PSU.jpg
    APEX 2x24V Aclass PSU.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 4,204
  • APEX Shunt Regulator PCB.jpg
    APEX Shunt Regulator PCB.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 3,970
  • P1270110.JPG
    P1270110.JPG
    429.2 KB · Views: 3,592
Regulated PSU for power amplifiers. Output voltage can be set and stabilised from +/-55 to+/-90V 10Amax.

I see many similarities between PSU-10 and PSU-5,the differences are in voltage of zener-diodes,and parallel connections of the output transistors,also in input and output voltage. I don´t need that high output voltage as it in PSU-10,so PSU-5 is something that I would really like to built for myself ( I need adjustable power supply,to test all kind of amplifiers),but it hasn´t got enough power for my needs due to transistor´s low power limit. Could I add a pair of output transistors to PSU-5 (as it is in PSU-10) without other changes being made,in order to get higher current and power capabilities?

Last edited:
I see many similarities between PSU-10 and PSU-5,the differences are in voltage of zener-diodes,and parallel connections of the output transistors,also in input and output voltage. I don´t need that high output voltage as it in PSU-10,so PSU-5 is something that I would really like to built for myself ( I need adjustable power supply,to test all kind of amplifiers),but it hasn´t got enough power for my needs due to transistor´s low power limit. Could I add a pair of output transistors to PSU-5 (as it is in PSU-10) without other changes being made,in order to get higher current and power capabilities?

It's same schematics, just add a pair of outputs transistors to PSU-5 for 10A, and with low zener and input voltage this PSU can be use for class A amps like Hiraga.

Dear Sir Mile, I have some problems in assembling the APEX-made power supply,
1. relay is not functioning at the time ON of the transformer is connected to AC 220V
2. I have a transformer 5 Ampere, 30V CT. Can I replace a few components that the module power supply is working perfectly ?
Please help Mr. Mile

Attachments

• Dalimunthe409.jpg
    Dalimunthe409.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 2,332
  • Dalimunthe408.jpg
    Dalimunthe408.jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 2,516
  • Dalimunthe404.jpg
    Dalimunthe404.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 2,691
Last edited:
Hi Mile
Do you have any regulated psu boards for sell (for power amp 10A and pre amp)
Puno hvala
tome

With some playing in "paint" it is easy to do. I will try to do it now... I did a mixture of a PSU5 and PSU10-using 12V zener(like in PSU5) and two pairs of 2SA/2SC transistors(like in PSU10) wich were connected to the board with wires as short as i could connect. Now it looks like this,and when i reach some inspiration and time,i will do it with new PCB. Anyway,there is one thing i must say:i have tested this PSU10,or should i say tortured it with 10A on each rail for one minute. 2x42VAC 450VA torus transformer was quite warmed up,uotput voltage dropped on 2x45VDC (due to transformer voltage drop) but the heatsink and output transistors not only survived it-they were slightly warm! Great thing!

Attachments

• PICT0132.JPG
    PICT0132.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,087
  • DSC01042.JPG
    DSC01042.JPG
    542.5 KB · Views: 2,025
  • DSC01114.JPG
    DSC01114.JPG
    441.4 KB · Views: 1,039
Last edited: