Replacing a wall wart with a bigger transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am considering replacing the wall-wart supply in one of my components with a real power supply using a higher capacity toroid in the hopes of achieving better sound. Will this work? If yes, what should I watch out for? I am planning on keeping the same output voltage as the wall-wart.

The project I am considering requires AC input. Can I just put in a larger transformer? Do I need any RF filtering capacitors? How about current inrush limiters?

Are there any dangers I need to watch out for?

Thanks!

dangers!?
just electricution!

but really give it a good earthed case and you should be good. don't work on it plugged in. i have it is not pretty finding out how close i came.

if you dont know whats involved in a simple fullbridge powersupply don't go by what i say but research. the improvement you are looking for could be higher cappacity capacitors but the truth is most wallworts are regulated. so that adds another layer
of complexity as most regulated circuits are not high than one Amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.