Multiple client PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
I am currently putting together a multiple client PSU, that will supply unregulated power for the pre and power amps and also a DAC. Each client will have its own transformer and PSU.

The main question I have is one of switching the PSU on. I was going to have a separate switch for each of the clients and was wondering if 240VAC switches directly on the supply in would be ok, or if it would be better to have some sort of relay system?

In addition, what are the inherent problems, if any, of such a method of providing power?

Ultimately, I guess I'm asking what the best method is, for switching the unit on and off.

Power amp will have four 120VA transformers by the way.

nice to have

A master on/off in one or all of your sources.
When any master comes on the remainder follow, bringing on pre-amp and power amps. You could delay the slave relays so that power comes on last.

When the last source is switched off then the whole system shuts down.

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
A master on/off in one or all of your sources.
When any master comes on the remainder follow, bringing on pre-amp and power amps. You could delay the slave relays so that power comes on last.

When the last source is switched off then the whole system shuts down.

That sounds like quite an idea, I like it....a lot.:)

It's either that or some kind of Battlestar Galactica front panel, packed full of switches and all LED'd up.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.