Choke Input Filter on Class A PS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hello all,

I have a PS question - I have used a Choke input design to better reduce ripple and reduce the B+ of a tube amp before and it worked perfectly.

I am looking at another Choke input application where I can use a Dual secondary tranny (40 - 0 40 - 0) with a choke input to get around +/-35 VDC rails (VDC =.9 x VAC) for a class A Zen amp.

I found an SAE EMI filter that measures 12mh (with my LC meter), .1 ohm series resistance input to output. Also rated for 6A each side. Looks to be a perfect drop in solution to put after the FWB rectifier and a Cap multiplier. The diagram is shown below. The diagram shows the small caps across the rails, and two 7 mh coils on both sides with a 270k ohm resistor in center.

Anyway, any reason to think this wont work as a choke input filter?? I see these al l the time on flea bay and wonder if instead of finding a 2.5mh inductor, just use one of these jobbies...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.