LM3886 Power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I designed a home theatre 5.1, which has 5 lm3886 for surround and 2*lm3886 in parallel.

planned to use 20-0-20(5A) secondary to get 30w per channel for 5 channels(8ohm each)

24-0-24(5A) secondary for PA100 (4OHM SUBWOOFER). I need 100w rms

pls tell me how good this to get my expected output.

Lm3886, help needed.

I have modified a CT EI 18-0-18 into 2x24 dual secondary got around 29 v to 33v according to the ac mains supply.I use carlos snubberised unregulated psu.My Lm3886 is not producing any sound.Have tried various circuit but still same thing like it gets extremely hot,around 0.4v at the output .Do I really need a torroid or regulated psu.I can power an old 3055 amp from this psu but not lm3886 .Plz help me out .thanks.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dual stereo grounding arrangements are significantly more complicated than dual channel, who is in turn much more difficult to get right compared to dual mono. The issue originates in the ground loop created between the source and the amp power supply, in a dual mono there are none, in the stereo there is one and with two transformers there will be two such loops.

A monoblock is the simplest.
It completely avoids channel to channel connections via the line level interconnects.
in a dual mono there are none,
This is wrong.
The dual mono still has at least two interconnects and the far end of these usually have a commoned ground/return.

The more channels you incorporate inside the box the more complicated it becomes to minimise the hum loops.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.