Simplistic MosFET HV Shunt Regs

Hmmm. The link to the troubleshooting posts seems to be taking me to the top of this "last" page in this thread, not to the first post in the section. Also, when I got my first email with the new forum, I was taken to the first page of the thread, not the last. I was, not surprisingly, logged out due to the move, but I still expected it to take me to the new posts or to request that I log in. Not sure this is a bug a but I thought I'd report it here because you, Salas, are the man...

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Now it takes me to the troubleshooting post. But I see the rest of post#1 links shoot to end of thread too and I am looking for the original posts now to try link again.

Better report in the forum problems section. Because I am not admin to fix a bug if its because of the new platform transfer.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes, seems suitable. It could also possibly play the role of the top cascoding Mosfet offering higher Vgs across a faster bottom one of lower own Vgs allowing it to reach higher mA closer to its IDSS. The DN2540N8-G has minimum 150mA IDSS spec for instance if allowed to.
In any case it takes to experiment with either two of those IXYS in the cascode or a different types combination as mentioned to determine max CCS current and suitable source resistance value for the application's load+spare current goal.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Since you look to shift the adjustment range about three times down from the standard build's spec, shift the R9 R10 reference voltage creating resistors from 68k each to 22k. That's a rough n' ready guideline, you will fine tune the output range in practice.

I have the IXTP08N100D2 in my hand, and change the R9,
R10 to 22K,input voltage is 166V,but the current limit at 104ma and output voltage 105V and can not adjust up.

Attachments

• 16404190786657812498731470925968.jpg
    16404190786657812498731470925968.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 91